CONSELLERIA DE EDUCACIÓN, INVESTIGACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE, is the department of the Consell de la Generalitat Valenciana. GVA (Regional Government) with the corresponding competence in education, formal training, universities and science, and promoting cultural heritage, language policy and sport in Valencia Region (Spain). This Department is organized in central services to extend its jurisdiction to the whole area of Valencia Region. This educational administration is responsible for non-university educational policies in Valencia Region. This body sets the rules and directly manages regional economic and human resources of more than 2,000 schools in the educational stages of pre-primary, primary, secundary, arts education, VET and special needs . The main challenge for Conselleria de Educacion, Investigación, Cultura y Deporte in this decade is to continue approaching the objectives of the Europe 2020 strategy in terms of reduction of school failure . Is within the action plan that the Department is undertaking between the strategies promoting academic freedom and management of educational centers , always from a point of view inclusive; seeks academic success of all students through the participation of families , internationalization, the introduction of new active methodologies in the classroom as well as the implementation of educational activities for school success.
CONSELLERIA DE EDUCACIÓN, INVESTIGACIÓN, CULTURA Y DEPORTE Is undertaking between the strategies of promoting academic and management freedom of educational centers, always from an inclusive point of view; seeks academic success of all students through the participation of families, internationalization, the introduction of new active methodologies in the classroom as well as the implementation of educational activities for success. In particular, Conselleria through a high qualified team spread among 9 CEFIRES (Centro de Formación, Innovación y Recursos del Profesorado) directly advise the training needs of schools adopting a cascade model of training and needs assessment: this new model of care centers and teachers meets the needs, quickly disseminate reference practices and introduce educational activities for success in the classroom. The Conselleria is integrated in different departments, in coordination , design and manage the specific actions within each of the strategies:
- 1. New teaching- learning as a tool for achieving academic and professional success. Promote educational and methodological innovation and share good practice between schools.
- 2. Multilingual training. Compulsory education should incorporate multilingual training so as to enable a minimum level of competence equivalent to B2.
- 3. Incorporation and increased presence of information technology and communication (ICT) in the teaching / learning activities.
- 4. Inclusive School: coexistence, attention to diversity and mentoring. Providing models of inclusive education, equality, equity and answers to the diversity of students, intercultural education and education in values.
- 5. European dimension of education: the need to strengthen in young people a sense of European identity and understanding of the value of European citizenship, based on which the principles of democracy are based, social justice and respect.
- 6. Promoting academic independence and management in schools.